Willow Harvest


Spring is delayed, thankfully, as I am behind with the harvesting of this seasons willow. Yesterday afternoon was spent at Poppit cutting the two year old stuff in double quick time with the help of three teens, thank you Izaac, Connie and Kinkaris. Tonight Izaac helped me stuff it into the back of our new Sprinter. Ready for action. He has been a real star. Last week he helped me create another mother of a willow bed in St Dogmaels. With the one over at the National Wool Museum in Drefach Felindre, he dug in for me in December, that makes 1,400 future trees this year. All useful hard to source basketmaking varieties. So thank you again, my amazing son and to Alpey too, my new tree buddy, for finding me the ground. I am so excited. I couldn't have done it without you.

Comments

Popular Posts