The Cove

I am so excited about starting a blog and what will it begin with.

So began my first post on my blog four years ago. This weekend I made a new friend who has just returned to these islands after living away for twenty eight years most recently in the Grenadines where she became friends with some of the people behind the making of the film The Cove. We also attended a party where the hosts where collecting entranc money in a basket I had woven. Anyway I want to repost it. Not many peeps probaly read it but since I started this blog I have had over 17,000 visits from peeps all over the world. Most of those views too are in the last two years. So thank you and this is where I began and hopefully it might inspire you to blog about your art, life, ideas and loves.

So many inspiring things and today some moving images. I sat down with my son and some pear cider to help tease out of him the reasons for his reluctance to continue with his college studies. After discussing the subject in as much depth as was necessary he started to tell me about a film called The Cove. He got it up on his computer screen and we watched it together. It's all about the brutal slaughter of dolphins in a beautiful but weird town called Taiji in Japan. The film follows Richard O'Barry and his compadres as they attempt to bring to light what happens there. Basically the capture of dolphins to sell to the seaaquarium trade and then the slaughter of the remainder of the catch in a little cove off the town. I don't know if you should watch it but everybody should know about it. Richard O'Barry is the man who started the whole Sea world entertainment business training the original Flipper way back in 1962. He deeply regrets it now but he is finding ways and means of bringing the truth to us all and to the legislators. They have a website..takepart/thecove.com

Comments

Popular Posts